Being in Texas we had to arrange our own activities to celebrate Pioneer Day... Being in a hotel we had to get creative - yet again!
So my friend Heidi and I had boxes, ribbon, hats, closed toe shoes and the bare essentials...
We learned about pioneers. Kalel was very sad to think about only picking one toy to bring.
His box had water, dehydrated apples and his toothless dragon.
We 'walked and walked and walked' across the field outside our hotel. Let me remind you, we live in Texas it is HOT HOT HOT!!! Kalel did really well going one way and on the way back when I was trying to get pictures he started to get irritated. Then when we were almost done he turned to me and said, "Mom I never want to do this again." ha ha ha It was just very matter of fact, he wasn't complaining just letting me know. Laylah did well, but as it got hotter she started to whine. So we talked about how sometimes the babies needed to be carried.
We had a couple people dying of curiosity to find out what we were doing. I had one housekeeper take a picture of my kids because she thought it was so cute. I don't know if any of them really knew what we were doing, but it was fun!
This may not look that appetizing but I made a pretzel shaped like a wagon wheel and it was actually really good and a fun treat!



1 comment:
Looks like you guys are doing good. I need to get some ideas from you about what you guys eat. We don't eat meat anymore and are in need of some ideas. Love to check your blog to see what your lil fam is up to.
Post a Comment