Sunday, October 21, 2012

Some August happenings

I have so many pictures.... and it's really hard for me to not write and write about each of them. I will try to just give brief captions. But this is my journal and I am recording this for our family! 
 These three pictures didn't make it on my post about the river. We had a lot of fun (and by we I mean not myself this time... I didn't even use the pregnancy card, I already jumped off the rope swing but Jeff wanted to go when the sun wasn't even shining! No thank you, I'm not a girl who loves cold. Sadly these are the only pictures that survived issues we had with Kyle's phone. I did enjoy watching. Kalel even jumped. 
 Laylah thought it was fun to wear the helmets. And there's Corinne in the background doing yoga with Kyle and Sara. I did it for the first... few? minutes. 
 This is what happens when the cousins all bunk together in the loft. Pure madness and SO much fun! 
 The day after we got back from the River we headed back up to Sandy for our good friend's daughter's birthday party. This is Kalel's chosen wife - Abigail. It was a lot of fun. They played at the splash pad, went fishing for party favors, had chances hitting the pinata and enjoyed cake and ice cream. Lots of fun!

Laylah kept jumping in the picture and showing her princess dress. She wore it all day except for when they were doing things with water.  
 I love when she just passes out places. Especially with her dresses on. 


 We found Kalel asleep with his pillow and blanket in the laundry basket. And Laylah looked cute with her little hand on her face.



 Laylah's favorite place to be is definitely on the counter watching or helping me cook. She would rather do that than just about anything. She climbs up there by herself, and is very proud of that!
 She was sent here when she was in trouble. I came to let her out and found her like this :)

 Ok, the other fireworks I posted actually weren't from the Salem Days show. Opps. These are from the Salem Days show and they were FANTASTIC! My favorite show thus far.

 The crew.

 I got to go on a date with this cutie. Kyle took Kalel to 'male bonding'. It is a tradition for the men in Kyle's family to get together and camp, hike, paintball, shoot etc. So I stayed back with this beauty. We ate ice cream, popped popcorn and watched a princess movie.

 Love this one.


 Haircut time. This is Kyle's job. One time I did it and definitely messed up by his ears :) Kyle told me not to try again. No problem, one less thing to do!
 I found this full on spider web, in our car! Lovely.

 Papa and Tutu got some cows. One was a dairy cow. Laylah likes watching them try to learn how to milk it.
 Todd wanted to squirt it right in his mouth. Gross.
 Crazy sleeping kids.
 I don't know about the rest of Moms but the battle I dislike the most is the cleaning of the room time. :( And one thing that drives me crazy is when Kalel tells me it's done and then I go and find it a disaster still. He says, "but Mom there's a path!" Then we do it 5 more times. I was tired of stopping what I was doing to find it not done yet, so I started giving him my phone. He is supposed to take pictures of each part of his room to show me it's clean. This is one of the pictures to show me it's done.... SERIOUSLY!?
 Ha ha. This outfit cracked me up. How in the world  did she even get tights on?
 Tights, purse, crown, bracelet, rings, earrings, and wand. My girly girl.
 This was awesome. My sister owns a children's clothing co. And she's the designer so when there are damaged goods she will send them home with Kyle. Laylah was SO excited. She was pulling off tags, putting things on and squealing with excitement. Kyle had this look on his face that said, Seriously?? I had to assure him it wasn't my fault. She just came that way :) She kept asking him when he was going to bring home clothes for Mommy. I'm still waiting on that answer ;)
 Warming up at the splash pad.
 I made 500 of these babies. Wow, I was really ready to be done. But I love being able to work on these at home when I want to!

 He's a cutie too.

 I think she likes pink.
 This was awesome. He said, "Mom, I can't see my lips. Can you?"
Our dragonfly friend we found in our house! They are really cool to see up close.

No comments: