Sunday, April 17, 2011

Holi Festival

Yes we went.... we have wanted to go for a couple of years but this year we were actually both in town! The Holi Festival is a festival celebrating the coming of the Spring or the colors of Spring. There is a Hare Krishna temple in Spanish Fork, which is where the festival is located. They estimated 40,000 people being there on Sat and 10,000 on Sunday! All I know is when we went there were a LOT of people. All in all - I'm glad we experienced it but I probably won't be going again. There were a lot of people who were obviously on drugs, it was really just a big rave, not the environment I usually choose to be in. It is something that you can't really explain though, everyone seems to be friends, it doesn't matter if you know each other, anyone throws chalk at anyone else, when they count down it is a huge cloud - you can't see, or breath. It was fun, a big section of my hair was dyed bright pink for almost 2 weeks, now I know what it was like and I can be done! Oh I also broke out in a rash on my face, scalp and lips (most everything else was covered bc it was so cold).
Here are a few pictures, it really creeped me out to look in the mirror - I swear I looked like I was 70... Kyle looked awesome! And the very best would have to be Todd's armpits! Seriously still laughing. He had on a shirt the whole time but after he scrubbed for a long time in the shower they looked like this..... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello-
I was wondering if you accept guest posts? I have an article that I would like to submit that I think fits the theme of your site. I am also interested in any advertising opportunities that you may have. Thank you in advance for your time!

Warm regards,
Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com

JanB said...

I didn't know you went. We went too, with the boys. It WAS pretty wild! Probably won't go again, but it was fun once. It was quite the experience!