Sunday, April 17, 2011

Where have I been? How did this happen?



My son is 4 years old!!!



Dear Kalel:

There is so much to say about you. Your personality is so BIG and INTERESTING. Here are a few things about you.
1 - You are still the biggest lover on the planet. Sometimes it is to the point that if you even walk towards your sister she yells bc you are always kissing her. You are also always kissing me, cuddling me, hugging me etc. Your Dad doesn't allow too much of that with him ;) But I love it!
2 - Your Dad has been gone working A LOT lately and you LOVE to sleep in my bed. I don't mind at all since I hate sleeping alone.
3 - While listening to a Mulan song she sings, "If I were to truly be myself, I would break my family's heart." You turned with a sad look on your face and said, "Why, would she break her family's heart?" I realized you understood that, so I have used that phrase a couple of times to help you understand things, and you get it! You would never do anything to break our hearts :) Actually you told me that if you didn't get a Buzz for your birthday it would break your heart.
4 - On the other hand you are quite a determined child.... For example one of my favorite things you have done lately!

While I was downstairs doing laundry you asked if you could take a bath. I told you no, it was nap time. As you turned around I said, "Kalel, do not turn on the water in the bath, OK?" Famous last words. I went upstairs and found this...


Ha Ha Ha. Apparently you really wanted to take a bath! And you still listened.
5 - You are always asking question after question. One that comes up frequently would be if I am going to have another baby?, when?, is the baby in my belly?, how do I get the baby out of my belly?, (I just push really hard), and then there is a hole that the baby comes out? where? (Hmmm. ha ha try not to laugh)
6 - Currently you like, buzz (anything Toy Story), dragons, trains, dinosaurs, and animals. You play with each of these things either daily or weekly. You love to watch movies ie. Despicable Me, Alvin and the Chipmunks- the Squeakqual, How to Train Your Dragon etc.
7 - You love to dance. You have some serious dance moves too. You love to watch Alvin & Chipmunks and dance to it. You really love anything with music. We often turn on Pandora and listen to the Disney station. I love when you sing a long with your sweet voice.
8 - You are usually a really good helper. You love to vacuum (it is even a reward at times), you are willing to: help with the dishes, wipe the counter, make your bed, take your sister's dirty diapers to the garbage, get me anything I ask for etc. Getting you to clean your toys / room is a different story. I would have to say you are definitely not helping with my desire to be a patient person ;)
9 - You are great at giving compliments. Today at different times you told me you liked my dress, my hair, Laylah's shoes etc.

I LOVE you and am grateful every single day that I am your Mom, that you love me with everything you have and always make sure I know!

No comments: