Since I already did a long post about Kalel turning 4, here are the pictures from the special occasion!
I was planning on keeping it fairly low-keyed or at least not expensive. :) It all started out being at our friend's Morgan & Heidi's house. The night before Heidi had this great idea to blow up a bunch of balloons to be in the room when he woke up. Great idea, just a little late! I don't remember what time we got to bed. That afternoon we made 'dirt cake.' Mud (chocolate pudding) Dirt (crushed oreos) bugs (gummies) on top of a chocolate cake. The kids had a blast with those. Kalel kept saying "ew, I don't like dirt!" but he would keep eating it. We ended up going out to dinner since Kyle pulled into town around dinner time after being gone for a week. We went to Pirate Pizza with the Taylors. The next day was Sunday dinner at the Roberts. We celebrated him at Kyle's parents house along with Michael & Ellie who have birthdays close to his. It was fun, and his TuTus gave him some great gifts. Before all of this... I had a party planned just with my family, because we love excuses to get together :) Then he got sick the morning before. I was really bummed because this was getting close to being the last 'available' day for us before we moved. Luckily it was a 24 hour thing. So we re-scheduled and had all make it but Danielle. The one big thing that he has been asking for since before Christmas was a big Buzz Lightyear. "Not a little one Mom, because I'm big!" I decided if he still wanted it by his birthday we would do it. Luckily my parents decided to do it for him. Since we were just hanging out on his birthday and he wasn't sick, we pulled out his remote control 4-wheeler. When he uncovered it he said very innocently and nicely, "But I wanted a Buzz?!" Ha ha ha. Right, he ended up loving this once his Dad showed him how it worked. :) Kalel had been requesting a 'Toothless the Dragon' birthday cake. My wonderful cousin (Chris) who is an chef. (Seriously if you're looking for someone to do a wedding cake... his are amazing!) Anyway, he gave me a link to follow to create a dragon cake... I think it turned out good! It is the 2nd time I've ever tried something like this. It was a huge hit. Because of food coloring, it ended up being a blue dragon- Kalel was thrilled! Ahhh, success. :) He pretty much got spoiled! I probably had as much fun as him though!




2 comments:
WOW! way to go on the cake. What website did chris direct you to???
Holy Crap!!! That is amazing. I would be dang proud. How come I didn't see pictures of this until now? Way to go! Will you help me next year with my kids cakes? Bytheway...we miss you! Keep posting so we can see what is going on. My living room is almost finished and I will post some picts for ya.
Post a Comment