Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy Birthday to you!

Laylah Eve Roberts - 2 years old


My baby turned 2. It some ways it seems like SO LONG AGO when I was welcoming her into this world (or rather - threatening that if she didn't come NOW I would't make it through the labor)! But she did listen and came in perfect time. She is such a gem. I am absolutely crazy about her. Her face, voice, pigtails etc. My sweet Kalel has loved her from day one. However we have entered the 'sibling rivalry' stage. It hasn't been too bad. But it gets really old hearing her scream and knowing he has something to do with it. We are working on the screaming with HER and teaching HIM that when she says please stop - he needs to listen!!

This are photos from a video I took of her when she found her lipgloss. I love her faces!

Some things I hear multiple times a day:
Hi Mom! - Can I hold you? - Can I hold your hand? - Okayyyyy - So... where's my Dad? Where's my binti (binky) - Stop Kalel, Okayyy? - Don't Kalel, Okayyy? - Hey! - Hey, that's mine! - I'll be right back, okayyyy? - Bye Mom! I'll see you later! - Can I go outside? - I'm so sorry! - Was that cool? - Was that funny?
She's a crack up. The other day, while sitting at dinner Kalel randomly (though not uncommon) says, Mom I love you. Laylah was in her high chair behind me and said, '' Lub you Mom... Monkey head.'' What? No idea where she got that one.
She is quite girly. She loves, necklaces, her 'pretty rings', shoes - no matter who's they are, getting her nails painted and then showing Daddy her 'preeey nails', and dancing. Whenever she hears music in the other room her eyes get big and she says, 'oh it's time to dance, pum (come) on!' We love love having her happy, sassy personality around. We really do smile and laugh at our kids almost all day :) What a blessing it is to have them.




For her birthday, she was actually sick so we waited until Sunday to celebrate at the Rickenbachs. She and Macie had a joint party. I spent a lot of time on her cake. It took awhile, but it was so fun!
I divided the cake batter into 6 bowl and colored them using Wilton's coloring gels.

Then baked them separately and put them together with frosting. (My pictures wouldn't rotate for some reason :( I used skittles, rolos, and marshmallows to decorate!

It was so fun to cut into!



Ha ha, she tried 5 times to blow out the candles. Her face was so cute. Finally her cousin helped her.

I also made Macie a few little presents. A bag for her, a matching one for her American Girl doll (named McKenna), and a headband and tutu for her doll. They were a hit, and I think I'll be making them for the other nieces this year!



Laylah was spoiled. My Mom got her a crib for her baby - she already made her a blanket and pillow for her baby, which Laylah Loves. She got necklaces, rings, lip gloss, stickers, stuffed animals, play dough, the cutest brown boots etc. It was so fun. And Laylah was so cute and excited.

These were the next morning when she was so excited to go find her loot and Kalel was 'helping' show her what she needed to do with everything. Again her faces in these are great.. as is Kalel's future blackmail picture :)

Unfortulately that was the night before Kyle would start his session up at the Capitol in SLC. He was Representative Mike Morley's legislative assistant. So he wasn't just a 'gopher' but was able to go to committee meetings, give his opionion on bills, and do things like helping with his scheduling etc. This was the beginning of a 6 week session. Kyle went and stayed at my parents. I usually drove up there Wednesday night. We would stay there until he was done on Friday. Then would drive home and be there Friday night through Sunday and he would either leave late Sunday or early Monday. Crazy crazy life, but it was a great experiene for him and my parents were so gracious to give up the peace and quiet of their home. My kids sure do love their Grandma and Grandpa! So do I :)

No comments: