Sunday, March 18, 2012

Oh January

Once we finished the apples we got busy doing other things. I make headbands for my sister's company Persnickety. Before I moved to Texas I was over the hair accessories. I quickly realized that is not something I want to be doing! Way too much work for a 'stay at home mom'. We passed it off to someone when I moved, and she and her husband and their 'people' do a great job. I just pick up 1-2 headbands a season. This season I was working on making 350 'red petal' headbands. I try to schedule my time so that I'm not working on it constantly. Other than that I have the normal crazy life of raising 2 silly kids and supporting one handsome husband.

These are just some random pictures from our days together.
I wanted to document a normal January day. Notice there is no snow. We have had a crazy winter.
The kids got all dressed up, well I just glanced up.. I got Laylah all dressed up. Kalel is (surprise surprise) in his basketball shorts. They went to play in the mud, since there was no snow.
This was hilarious. I went back out to check on them and does anyone notice the child in the background? I did as I was taking the picture....
Sure enough, just what it looked like... Nice. Ha ha and Laylah is trying to figure out what's going on :) Oh boys.

Laylah is really asleep in the first picture. And as always, her hand is through the hole in her pajamas to get to that precious belly button. Kyle is honestly concerned it will end up being huge and deformed :) He is always telling her, "All done belly!" Which lasts until we are no longer there.
Poor Laylah got pretty sick for about 1-2 days. She had a pretty high fever and was just kind of lethargic. I was able to get her fever down to a decent level and she wasn't vocal about any complaints so she laid on the couch watching movies and going in and out of sleep, while I made headbands by her. Kyle was really busy this week working on finishing a room at Persnickety which meant he was gone All day All week, so I'm not going to lie, since she didn't seem too miserable it was kind of nice to have her stay in one place all day! She really didn't want to do anything other than lie down or hold me. She wasn't whiney, crying etc. Very typical of this little one - she came happy. (...and sassy, but still happy) The next day she finally got up to eat breakfast and did pretty well, by the third day she was back to her crazy self. And there actually were times she would whine at my feet because she wanted to be held, but she is a trooper when she's sick.
Some more randoms. I was finally able to do something besides pigtails in Laylah's hair. Kalel and Laylah were hugging. I love to see her little arm hooked around his neck. They love to ride the horsie at Wal-Mart. Kalel was watching his reflection in the window the whole time thinking he was pretty cool. And last, Laylah put her baby to bed in a box, maybe we should get her a bed :)
I love having a girl. One morning we just sat in my bathroom and painted our nails and did her hair. Little cutie.
I sent Laylah to go get a diaper and found her wearing her brother's underwear... ha ha Notice that she also put both legs though one hole :)

Persnickety gave us a perk after we made the apples. A night stay in a local Marriott. We were going to get a babysitter but then I was looking it up and saw the pool and decided the kids would LOVE it. So we took a mini trip to be together before Kyle left for 6 weeks to be up at the Capitol. (more on that later). We packed their backpacks. They looked so cute walking around with their bags. We met Kyle there on a Friday night, he was coming after work. We went out to dinner at Zupas, which is one of my favorites. Then came back and went swimming for as long as they wanted! It was so fun to see them in a pool again. It's been awhile.
Kalel picked right back up where he left off. He jumps right in and swims without floaties. Sometimes I wonder if he will make it but he always does. Laylah didn't jump in like she used to, but was in heaven swimming and just jumped from the steps for now.. I think we will get her warmed back up and back to jumping! Afterwards we went and got dessert and came back and watched a movie. Such a fun little vacation!


1 comment:

Leilani W. said...

Am I just a cry baby? Because I cried. I sure do miss everybody and being able to watch everyone grow up!! I hope Leylah is feeling better. Can't wait to see you guys.