Sunday, December 2, 2012

Some November Happenings

~ November 2012 ~


They love Christian, and I think he loved playing with them too :)
 We had a little snow storm. There wasn't too much at first but the kids got bundled up and excited to go check it out. When we had a real storm the kids headed out and did not last long at all. Laylah was crying because her hands were coldy and Kalel didn't like his pants getting wet. So they got a bucket, filled it with snow and played with it inside instead. Genius. Playing with snow in the warm house. It was fine with me as long as they stayed in the kitchen with towels.
 Starting top left: 1: Laylah is so modest... This is how she was sleeping in the car.  2: Kalel had his animals lined up to watch Magic School Bus with him. 3: Sleepin girl again  4: "Mom watch this!" 5: Cute girl posing 6: When I'm working and have things on my lap she just climbs to my shoulders and does my hair. (Loves my lap - kinda not happy about the lack of space currently on it) 7: Just sitting here Mom. (Cute friends)
 More snow. Laylah all bundled up. Laylah running home from the mailbox. We saw a TON of elk while driving in Heber.
 This was our Thanksgiving tree. I made the tree out of felt, I had a hard time getting it to stay on the wall! I made a banner that said, Give Thanks. And then we added leaves to our tree and we can write things we are grateful for on each leaf.

 I finally stepped up and used a pressure canner, all by myself! I had my meals planned for 2 weeks and black beans kept coming up. So I decided to can them. Pressure canners have always scared me. But it was not that bad!
 I bought somewhere around 50 pounds of apples. So I canned applesauce, black beans, and apple pie filling on this day. I still had a ton left over. It took me a couple of weeks of doing it when I had time and energy and I finally finished. They look so pretty :)
 This was the HUGE mess left over when I was done.
 Best.Picture.Ever.  The joys of Mom dropping off the kids at the corner so they can RUN home!

Some serious running here.
 They loved kicking in the snow.
 28 1/2 weeks


 Family night enjoying a 'never on sundae' at the Pizza factory. Anyone never had it? I HIGHLY suggest it. I splurge on the sugar overload every once in awhile and this is a top choice. Undercooked cookie, ice cream, whipped cream, caramel and chocolate sauce. Yum
 I am finally decorating my kids room after wanting to decorate my child's room for 6 years now. First step was to paint this dresser. I went with a bright green, the sides of the drawers are hot pink. When I get more done I'll take pictures. I made a valance which I'm not crazy about, so I'm still deciding how to handle it :(
 Homeschooling is going well. Here we are enjoying the sun coming through the window while Kalel practices his letters and Laylah works on her colors.
The kids still request a piggy back ride to bed regularly.

No comments: