We started our morning off with little piles of gifts that were visible. The kids got to walk downstairs and open whatever was in that pile. Things like - slippers, bracelets, movies, coloring books etc. I try not to go overboard with gifts, honestly it's hard because it's so fun to give these little people things :) Anyway they get some fun little things (mainly dollar store) and then one big present and if there is something they need (like Kalel with his boots) then they may get something else that's smaller. Between that and grandparents they are get plenty. I do not want to spoil them! But I love the excitement it all brings. We started our season out with talking about the reason for the holiday. Then we made lists of what we want to GIVE to family and friends instead of making a list of what we want to get. I also have a 25 day countdown with different daily activities. Since my kids can't read... let's just say I can change this depending on the day :) Anyway, that is a fun tradition I will continue doing.
Then we opened presents. This is Laylah with her new easel. She loves to color and this is for both of them but we used it for her 'big' present this year. FYI in case you didn't know, there are dry erase crayons now. Which is all I use and the only reason I was ok with this purchase. I'm terrified of dry erase markers because they STAIN. And she's only 2 and still learning what is ok and not ok to color :) She loves her easel. We got Kalel a cool cars 2 car track with spinning etc. I can't believe I don't have a picture! He also Loved it!
Walking into the room where the presents were. Laylah still has her kitty in hand that Grandma gave her, as well as her new pajamas from Grandma. The kids opened their stashes and then we ate breakfast and went to church. Enjoyed some beautiful choir music and came back home.

Our fabulous Grandpa Don gave Laylah a tea set. Oh how she loves this. And OH the mess it makes in my house :) She loves to transfer back and forth and back and forth, almost never making it all back in the cup!
For recording purposes, here are some of my decorations this year. I made a new floral arrangement for Christmas. At the bottom of the picture on the top right are our daily activities for December. I finally made a boot stocking for Laylah this year. Didn't quite get her name on it but hey I finished it Christmas Eve!
Now this beautiful piece of work was made by my amazing husband. I saw it on Pinterest we blew up the image on our projector onto our wall. Traced it onto our boards and he cut it out with a jigsaw. Then we backed it with fabric. I LOVE IT. Slowly my house it turning into what I've been seeing in my head for months now :)
Here are some melting snowmen cookies, also from pinterest.
After we had our family time we went over to the Roberts' home to exchange a few more gifts and say hello. We played their new dancing game on the wii. Ha ha ha, good times.

After we had our family time we went over to the Roberts' home to exchange a few more gifts and say hello. We played their new dancing game on the wii. Ha ha ha, good times.






No comments:
Post a Comment