Wednesday, February 22, 2012

December 2011

We started the month of December off by going to the Festival of Trees in Sandy. I have actually never been before, and it was really fun! We took the kids over to all the activities. Kalel loved 'fishing' and some crafts.
But the hit for all of us was definitely the giant bubbles! I will try and upload the video sometime, but I always have the biggest problems with that... anyone else? Suggestions?
Seriously? Look at these faces, so cute :) Kalel blew a bubble inside there until it popped.
And of course we saw the gingerbread houses, they were amazing. I took a couple of pictures to get ideas for next year.
We spent some time outside, laying on the bean bag watching some shows, the kids love the iPad and usually Kalel will pull up some movies about Jesus' birth.

Yet another sleeping picture. How?

This is just too precious. I record a lot of his prayers because they are priceless. I believe this is one time when he was in trouble for something, so he went to pray and apologize. Then he'll come back to me, sigh and tell me that he has prayed and is ready to be nice. When I'm caught up with pictures, I'll start on quotes. :)
This little lady is quite the character. She really makes me laugh all day. She loves to put on Kalel's clothes, shoes, boots, hats etc. Some days she likes clothes but most, it's not her first choice. Shoes however? That's a must. Hmm where does she get that from ;) The other pictures were when Kyle heard her crying he went to find her and she was yet again stuck on the changing table. And showing you her belly.

Her first experience with the car wash, ha ha ha. Her facial expressions are so funny and animated! There is surprise, excitement, questioning and scared (because Dad opened the window a little - oh Dad :)
Laylah was 'shaving' with cream and a comb. Kalel decided to run in the snow, notice the t-shirt, flip-flops and shorts, Laylah's cute sleeping face, Laylah loves her back pack - but even more is the kitty inside of it. She is OBSESSED with kitties. Her high pitch squeal everytime she sees one is the best! And we are kinda sorta beginning with potty training. She did great by herself, now more like 50%. I haven't given it my all yet, but she still goes a couple of times a day at least, on the toilet.
The wedding festivities. Kyle's hawaiian cousin married a tongan. Talk about parties, family & food!

Lots and lots of dancing, which my kids LOVE. This is another video I want to upload...

Ha ha ha, wow, not to name any names... we are a crazy bunch :)
Happy birthday to Gabriel! We celebrated at Planet Play and we loved it. We will definitely go back, Kalel has even requested we go there for his birthday! Laylah and I got to ride the go carts.
I love my healthy boy! His request for lunch? Toast with honey and sprouts. Sure! When I went to costco the other day he said, "Mom don't forget spinach and edamame!" Tonight we had spinach/berry/flax seed etc. shakes and a spinach salad with avacadoes and tomatoes all of which was his choice. The rest of us LOVE it too :)

Laylah is asleep in all these pictures. Left - she is half in and half on the bar, ouch! I can only imagine her crawling back into bed, but too tired to make it! She will play play play, and not end up taking a nap but put her in her high chair, turn around to finish setting the table and... she's out.
Lovin the carousel.
Opps, uploaded twice, but check out the hair action. And she got into Kalel's clothes again..
Meet Kalel's best friend George. Friends or brother? Sometimes I just laugh at how much alike these two are! They usually get along great, we are working on sharing with those two... But I'm happy he has a friend just a couple of houses away! They are watching a Jesus movie together on his bed. So cute!

More dressing up. All her necklaces and Kalel's boots. If you've seen despicable me, then the photo on the left is her saying, "OH YEAH"
He scared me when he came to me like this... It's tape...

Somehow this is the only picture from the Kamalu family Christmas party! Our traditional white elephant, which is actually a good gift exchange until someone opens the underwear - that's there every year! We had such a fun, family filled month! Family reunions with people we haven't met, or haven't seen in a long time, family Christmas parties, weddings, and family time. Love December, but am always ready for things to slow down afterward.


2 comments:

Kanani said...

ooo! So many pictures! I love!!

Sara said...

What a great compilation of pictures. I love them all but I do have to say, that picture of Kalel praying is priceless! You should frame that and put it in his room. :)