Sunday, February 5, 2012

October 2011 - pictures, lots and lots of pictures


October was a very busy month for us! We found a house. For my own records - it is 3 bedrooms,2 baths, 2,000 square feet, garage, fully fenced yard. Basically everything we wanted! We are renting, we don't feel comfortable buying right now, but if I can rent this house, I don't really care if we own it or not! We would however like to break our moving streak of 12 moves in 6 years and stay here for around 4 years... And the owners are great and let us basically do what we want. So, I've been busy busy busy making this house a home.
We like to go on walks. One of the many things we love about it here is that Kalel has friends! There are little boys his age all around here! He has one especially good friend two doors down. It's hilarious because they could easily pass off as brothers, I'll post pictures of them later.

Another fantastic backyard, fully fenced (a must with little ones) and a cute little swing set. Aunt Dan Dan came to visit.


I went right ahead and painted. It took some serious time picking a color, but everything kept changing once it was up or the sun went down, then we found this great couch for a great price (of course on KSL) and I had to re-think my colors to make sure they matched. My wall looked crazy with all the color swatches but I ended up with some colors that I LOVE. I went bold with the stripe and am very happy with it. I've been wanting to paint stripes for a long time! Please forgive the mess in that furniture piece and well everywhere! Still in the middle of decorating.
You can see some of the paint colors on the wall here, and a end table I painted. There is Laylah 'gazing' out the window as well as my fabrics which I finally got to pull out and organize after 6+ months! And Kalel still lines up his dinosaurs and animals, I love it.
This is my dresser that I decided to paint. There's a before, then I drew it by hand with a pencil, outlined it with paint, and then filled it in. I really like how it turned out, there are a couple of things I'd change, but overall I'm happy with it.
Random pictures here. Top left, there are some squares I made to go above Kalel's bed. I like how it turned out. I love the colors. I painted a superman symbol onto a book for the center one, he calls that one his scriptures though :) We had Kalel's cousin Jason sleep over and I put them down for a nap and found Laylah sleeping with him! Laylah enjoyed her first snow of the season. Kalel sliced his fingernail with the peeler... ouch. And the last is when my kids were finding refuge in their tiny shade spot.
Yes, she is asleep.. She climbs from her brother's bed up there and then can't get down. It's always fun to see where they end up when we check on them!
A large portion of October was taken up by canning, dehydrating, jam making, freezing etc. I made applesauce and apple pie filling with Michelle and Casey. Wow that was quite a day, I was honestly sore the next day from peeling apples and cranking the apple smasher.. thing - can't think of the name. I also canned sliced peaches, peach jam and strawberry jam. I froze peaches and strawberries. I dehydrated carrots, celery, potatoes, fruit leather, onion, tomatoes, and I'm sure a couple more. I harvested and dried herbs as well. It was a lot of work but as always it was fulfilling to look at all of my 'pretty' jars. I really do enjoy doing it, but it is tiring.
This little cutie climbed up to see what I was up to. She watched for a bit and then started peeling the peaches, putting the peels in a bowl and then putting the peaches right where they belong - perfectly I might add. Yeah, I start them young ;)

More sleeping pictures. I love how often I find them in the same bed. Actually more often than not they aren't in Kalel's bed or Laylah's but on the mattress under his bed for cousin sleepovers. We were able to pick out pumpkins at the farm, go to jumpin jacks for a birthday party Kalel was invited to (love that he has friends and gets to go to their parties :) And the kids hanging out on the couch with popcorn and a movie while Kyle and I tried to finish up painting.

I am so in love with this little girl. Mmm, she is just so yummy! I can't get enough of her cute face and pigtails. The one up top on the right was when she showed me her potet (pocket) which meant she put those things down her shirt for a pocket. :)


I waited and waited and waited until finally at 21 months I put her hair in a pony tail!! ha ha ha it was sticking STRAIGHT up. Luckily I was able to switch to pigtails like above which look a little like horns, but I'm still in love with them.
Laylah and her great Grandma Dorthy Roberts on her 80th birthday.
This was Kalel being cool while I finished up painting my pumpkins.
Laylah certainly enjoyed this activity.
She even found some thank goodness washable paint. Notice her leg, she dumped it and since we were in the sun it was nice and runny.

Even though the inside was no where near being complete, I still wanted some decor outside. These were my pumpkins (sorry about the lighting) the kids, my wreath which you can't really see and our 'spiderwebs'.


Here we are on Halloween with my bee and dragon. We enjoyed the traditional soup bowls at the farm. And then went trunk or treating at Kyle's parents ward. Laylah figured out pretty fast what was going on. She always went for the suckers and always had to hold one in her hand. She would not give it up for anything.

Just my kids playing together. Trains and cars.


Ha ha ha... like mother like daughter? Seriously one of the all time worst pictures of me, but very funny :) I took this one morning after I woke up and saw this in the mirror. Awesome. Laylah's hair kinda matches. This one in the bathtub was when I was showering, I suddenly felt something touch my foot and it was Laylah on the other side of the curtain, she had climbed in! And she was 'helping' us set up our new bookcases that my parents got us at a garage sale. These things will be used and loved!
Just goofing off in her diaper and Kalel's hat. Silly silly girl.

Well, I'm done with October! Sigh, and part of November...


1 comment:

Leilani W. said...

Tyler and I got a good laugh looking at these!