Thursday, May 24, 2012

Birthday Boy!! - 5 years old

*Warning - A long post about my boy*
Kind of weird that I have a 5 year old... He is truly a joy. He is such a momma lover which is fabulous almost all of the time. I will admit sometimes I just want some space or a break from the continual kissing.. Really though I am so happy to have such a LOVER. A few things about him: 1-He has a great imagination. He has been this way since he was 18 months. When he plays with toys (trains, cars, dinosaurs, dragons, etc.) it is often a full blown drama where someone is not being nice and is sent to their room or punished severely. 2- He is very bright - the questions he asks me surprise me at times. It's obvious he is really thinking about things. He also has a great memory and questions why I forget things. 3- He is trying to learn how to read right now. He can sound out some things, he spelled magic the other day by sounding it out. 4- He can be pretty dramatic at times. I'm trying to figure out what causes it. His 'real' personality is very kind, intense (in a good way), happy, loving etc. Then all of the sudden this anger comes out. He doesn't ever hurt anyone but I can see how mad he is in his eyes. So then he goes to his room to calm down and usually comes skipping back around... We are having him take more naps, we will see. 5- Right now he is most into Transformers & dragons & bike / scooters. He still plays with dinosaurs & cars but spends most of his time outside.

Here are some pictures from the day.

After he fell asleep I put a bunch of balloons on the floor around his bed,


And then put crete paper over his door so he would have to break through it in the morning. 


Unfortunately it won't let me upload the video of Kalel getting his bike that morning. Anyone have the same problems? Well when he woke up we told him to go open the front door and on the sidewalk was his new bike! His old one was too small. This one fits perfect. It is a really cool 'motorcycle' bike again. All the neighbors love it too.


Kyle was still working on his campaign tirelessly. Well, actually we were all quite tired by this time. :) It was some hard work and a lot of time. However he had a mandatory meeting the night of Kalel's birthday. So we decided to post pone his little party until after Dad's race was over. 

I had Kalel answer these questions and we will do it every year to see the changes.

What is your name?
Kalel Roberts Superman Kaunalani
How old are you? 
5
What is your favorite color?
All the colors in the world, but my favorites blue (Mom: definitely Blue)
Who is your best friend?
Braxton, Kaleb, Eathen, Josh & George (Mom: Depends on the day, he is friend with about every kid on our street, he can now add Dan, Calyn & Taryn)
What is your favorite animal? 
Cheetah
What do you want to be when you grow up?
SUPERMAN
Favorite Movie?
How to train your dragon (Mom: I would have thought Transformers)
Favorite Book?
My bones book - (it teaches about the human body) (Mom: He has really been enjoying the Greek Myths book we've been reading - cool dragons and creatures)
What makes you Happy?
Laughing (Mom: Playing with friends)
What makes you sad?
When people call me names (Mom: When he has to stop playing or clean his room)
What is your favorite food to eat?
Chicken & Potstickers, Pizza & Salad (Mom: Potstickers, sprouts & cereal)
Favorite song to sing?
I am a child of God (Mom: Agreed)
Favorite game to play?
Memory, shoots & ladders and Lightening McQueen puzzle (Mom: Shoots & Ladders - until he is losing or loses.)




Kalel I love you so much! I am so happy that I get to be your Mom. I am very excited to see what you do because you have quite a personality and so many talents that I know you will do great things! 


No comments: