Monday, May 21, 2012

Time to record the many quotes of Kalel


I keep a running tab on some of the funny things he says and decided I want them recorded here too for when I print this into a book! 

Mom: Look at the moon! Kalel: I know, it's moldy!
10/11
"we are grateful that heavenly father and Jesus make us strong to fight bad guys, but not Pete's dragon because he's a nice dragon"
11/11
While driving in a dark car Kalel says,
"I can see Laylah, and Moms chair and Dad... See my eyes glow in the dark!"
11/11
While eating breakfast Kalel randomly said, mom if any bad guys come in just run upstairs and get your scriptures. Then teach them about Jesus, the temple and the gospel. Me: really? Then what will happen? Kalel: then tell them about the Lamanites because they were bad guys and wicked too. Then we can call Grandpa and tell him bad guys are here and to get his swords, because he has two. 
11/11

Mom I love you so much, even more than Dad. (does that mean he loves me more than his Dad does or he loves me more than he loves Dad?) 
12/11

The wise men brought frank and myrrh and sense? 
12/11

Part of his Prayer : "God please bless us ..... And bless us that we will obey the commandments." 
12/11

Mom, my other Grandma (his Great Grandma), she's really really lotta old and will probably die soon. But grandpa is just a little old.

While playing dinosaurs with Grandma, Kalel said: "I have to tell you the first line of the instructions" then they would play, "now the second line of instructions" 
12/11

Kalel was singing in the back of the car, I only wrote as much as I could! Kalel: "Listen to the commandments, we will be like Jesus everyday if we teach people these songs everyday and Jesus will help us repent of our badness, we will learn the commandments everyday at church we love all our cousins, and grandparents and everybody in the whole world, and we will repent all our sins. " 
"Mom heavenly father and Jesus teach me these songs when I pray at night."

This was random out of nowhere while I was getting ready. "Mom, when Abigail and I get married I will remember where you live and sneak in your house and take the iPad and iPhone." Me: What? Why will you take them? "Because we need to be able to talk on the phone and Skype with the iPad!" Me: why don't you just go buy one? "Mom, you can't find iPads anywhere" (I actually think he remembers this from when we were buying Kyle's, it was difficult to find one in stock when we wanted it.)  
What 4 year old thinks in detail enough about things like this? Hmmm when we (Abigail is our friends little girl, they've always talked about getting married) get married we need to talk to people on the phone and skype.. So I'll take my parents! It just cracks me up the details that he has thought about with the wedding!
1/12

When kalels balloon flew out the window and up up and away. He looked sadly out the window and then his eyes lit up.. "I know!! We can use one of those airplanes with claws and grab it!" 
Me: " I don't have one of those" 
Kalel: oh, I know we can build a rocket! That would be perfect! 
Me: That would be perfect! Only, I don't have one of those either. 
1/12

After watching a scantily clad singer's commercial Kalel said, "Mom we aren't like her." Mom: yes, you're right.  Kalel: "We don't want to be like her!" Mom: ha ha, nope we don't!
2/12

While praying,  "Heavenly father, how can I be nice and listen to my mom? It's hard, can you please help me?" 

"mom, sometimes I put rocks in my underwear." ha ha, ok? Then he started walking and I could hear that his underwear was indeed full of rocks :)
2/12

Kalel: can wolves swim? Me: I don't know!? Kalel: I thought you knew everything!? Me: ha ha I wish! 
3/12

While kalel was praying (his normal never the same prayers) he got really sincere and said something like this, Jesus? How can I listen and be reverent at church? I can't learn, so how can I? Please help me. In the name of Jesus Christ amen. 

He is so cute and sincere in his prayers. And he did get in trouble today because he really struggled with being reverent :) 

Kalel: mom? Kalels name is superman right? 
Me: yes, supermans name is Kalel.
Kalel: so, I'm superman right?
Me: yes
Kalel: I just don't know how to fly yet? 
Me: I guess so!
Kalel: So, no one can kill me?
Me: yes they can right now..
Kalel: because I don't have my powers yet, right? 
Me: right
Kalel: maybe I'll get them when I'm 13

So how do I keep him believing in himself but not crush his heart when he realizes he's not really superman..

Kyle: I'm going running.
Kalel: No! I don't like when there's sweating water down your face!

3/12

Prayer: "heavenly father, we are grateful for this day. God, oh my lord (in a very reverent sincere tone) please bless the chicken that it will come back to life. Please bless it that it will be well. We are grateful for the chicken even though it died. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen." 
When he went to gather eggs at the farm that evening he discovered a dead chicken.. 

I love president Monson. He's a good prophet. He listens to the God of word and he's very useful.

Dad watch this! Then he pedals down the driveway on his bike without training wheels... Having never been taught to do so! My child who potty trained himself, is teaching himself to read now taught himself to ride a bike!!
3/17/12

Mom?! When I smell my feet they smell like pancakes! Yummy!

While brushing my hair kalel said some great things..
Mom, this is so pretty, no one ever seen so gorgeous. Does it look like a triceratops?is this how you did your hair for your wedding reception? (it is all combed up and crazy..) mom, if I was born before your wedding reception I would do your hair like this. Don't worry, I'll do your hair like this tomorrow and you can go to your friends and they'll think you're so pretty. There we go! All done, you look gorgeous! 
3/12

During another prayer:
"Heavenly Father and Jesus. I'm really struggling with my friend ____ being nice. I just keep forgetting I need to be a leader, like Joseph Smith. Please help remind me!? In the name of Jesus Christ, amen." afterwards I talked to him about being a good example to his friend and helping teach her what's nice, he said, "Don't worry mom, Jesus will remind me tomorrow." cute cute boy, who wants to do what's right! Then he said, I'll be a leader like joseph smith and superman! Because I am superman, because my names Kalel, right? .. Right! - I swear he comes up with this on his own. I have never told him to be like Joseph Smith. 
3/12

Sadly I don't remember what I did, but he was in trouble for something and he told me. "You punched my feelings super hard." Pretty good description of how it feels sometimes, right?

After being told not to touch Laylah's egg.. Mom: "You're in charge of your egg, Laylah's in charge of hers" he told me, "I wish I was in charge of everything in the whole world!"

Kyle said, look theres a train! It's diesel. Kalel: no dad, it's the maniac consific!

Kalel wanted me to go upstairs I told him just a min Im putting oils on because I have allergies. Kalel: "what are allergies?" Mom: "my throat itches, my ears itch and my eyes itch." Kalel: "oh I'm so sorry mom! When you work and get allergies, I will help you. And when you're tired I'll let you sleep!" what a sweet child, if only his 2 year old sister felt the same :)
5/12

The first word he sounded out and spelled on the iPad was,' magic on ' then he wanted to try again tomorrow because the word school was tricky.
5/12

Mom, isn't this a lovely evening?
5/12

No comments: