Sunday, November 7, 2010

Corn gone bad...

My sister-in-law had access to some free corn, only we had to go pick it. Sounds like a fun adventure. So Tues night we picked as much as we could before it got dark. We went back to Casey's sent the men off to play some b-ball, turned on a movie for the kids while we husked, cleaned, cooked, cut & bagged until it was coming out our eyeballs. We finally finished around 1:00 AM! It was crazy, but the corn was delicious and we ended up with 8? gallon freezer bags full - each. I planned to dehydrate most of it for space saving purposes. However...


My plans were "spoiled" when through a little 'miscommunication' the corn never made it in the fridge or freezer... the next day I was trying to figure out what that rancid smell was. It ALL WENT BAD!!! :( It was really sad. But at least we had a fun family corn picking experience... everyone should do that right?? Any other upsides? I got to hang out with Casey til 1:00! Sigh

No comments: