I wanted to have a place to sit in my front room, I got my inspiration from pintrest (of course) however I could not find a tutorial anywhere! So I just figured it out. Here's a few pictures, eventually I'll make a tutorial.
Step 1: 16 Pallets - in an L shape
We needed some to fill in the corner, so Kyle built them. I had to take a picture of him sawing pieces for me... and his huge calves ;)Step 2: Spray paint a metallic silver
Step 3: Cut boards to fit top
Step 4: Create the seat. Boards, foam, fabric and staples.
Step 5: Put it all together and enjoy!
Now for pillows... I've finished two out three. I made the third, but I don't love it. So I've got some work to finish it up.I wanted to keep them simple.
Pillow One: I used a permanent marker and wrote the words of the song Kyle and I danced to when he proposed. (Kalai - Divide Me) I made the chorus bold so it would stand out a bit.
I love crowns, so I found an image online - projected it onto my pillow and traced it. It was pretty intricate, but it was my favorite one that I found.
I hadn't quite finished sewing it when I took this picture.

I hadn't quite finished sewing it when I took this picture.Pillow 3: It is just a simple gathered pillow. I'm not thrilled with how it turned out... so I'm still deciding how to finish it up.
I'm very happy with how it all turned out! I love creating things in my head and then bringing them into reality! It makes me happy.




1 comment:
shut the front door. You are flipping awesome. I LOVE your pillows! We have to have a pillow night. You just teach and I'll learn ;) well done!!
Post a Comment