Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Our First Garden

I have always wanted to plant a garden, but we have been out of state every year living in apartments, hotels etc. ! But not this year!! We are finally in a house with a large spot to plant a garden. Kyle took off a few hours from campaigning which was much appreciated! Since I pretty much have no experience! Kalel was so excited to help plant the seeds, he helped for a bit then decided he had helped enough.


Here is our garden plot while I'm beginning to pull out the big weeds.
I brought in a little help :)
Then I recruited the real muscle.. This tiller was great. However we found that the soil here is really hard, kind of like clay. It took a long time.
Laylah got bored and discovered some ants living in our front yard.
This position was cracking me up.
Here is it now! There is something starting to peek up through the ground in the third row.. unfortunately I forgot to label! We just have 4 rows of the cold crops for now. Spinach, radishes, beets, green onions and I have some broccoli to add now. Let's just say I was really tired after working on the garden all morning / afternoon. But it is very exciting! I'm am very nervous since I have NO CLUE what I'm doing. Kyle grew up helping in the garden and his Mom lives a few minutes away and she is a Master Gardner so we at least have help and support!

1 comment:

Elsha said...

kim... i hope my kids are half as cute as yours!! xo