Monday, July 16, 2012

More Fun in May

 - May 2012 -

In May my wonderful Aunt Marie came to visit. I drove to Provo with the kids to see her. We drove over to the cemetery where my Dad's parents are buried. Surprisingly enough, I've never been there! We saw my Dad's cousin Helen as well. It was nice to hear a few stories about my grandparents and have a little tour as we drove around Provo. We saw a house they lived in, and what used to be a house, where they went to school etc. I also have a cousin buried there who we were able to remember as well.
 The next day I was running errands. I parked the car and was finishing up a text when Kalel climbed up front and pulled out the cigarette lighter ( I have never even looked at it before and didn't even realize it was there ) All I heard was screaming and the front of the car was honestly smoking! As soon as I realized what happened, I pulled him over to me and grabbed my oils in my purse. This helped a lot with the pain. I applied lavandar and a salve I have. I felt so bad!!! You can see the perfect rings where it burned. It was black. The picture on the bottom right was after 2 days of putting stuff on it. It healed quickly!
I had a really fun weekend when I went to a homeschooling seminar in SLC with my mother in law and sister in laws. We learned a lot and I had some new motivation. That evening they went to dinner while I went to my friend Jonathan's wedding dinner. It was beautiful, delicious, and filled with people I loved seeing. 

It was fun re-connecting with some old friends. Here is me and Danielle. 
 Here are the kids just enjoying life - Painting, eating homemade popsicles with the neighbors, Laylah thought she would put strawberries on the waffle maker (which is so easy to clean...) walking holding hands, and more crafting with aprons! 


 Balloons fun. I LOVE watching kids have fun, smiling and laughing. IT IS THE BEST!
 Kalel and his friends decided to take every blanket and pillow they could find and make 'tents' outside. Then they got under them... it was so HOT! I don't know how they did it. After I rescued my couch pillows & bedroom pillows (I left them the ottaman, kitchen chairs and an abundance of blankets and pillows) they had fun. I love when he plays with neighbors and they all get along!
The other pictures are of Laylah checking out the neighbors new chicks and Kalel sleeping with tape on his mouth? This is why we check on our kids.. you never know what you'll find.
 Laylah loves to get dressed in whatever looks fun. I especially liked this outfit. Upside down coat, yellow headband, and Kalel's boots oh and his underwear. Funny thing is she decided to start ditching her diaper and getting his underwear. I told her I would buy her, her own princess ones if she goes on the toilet. So Potty training has begun!!!
 Here is Kalel's finger a couple of days later. When I asked to take a picture he had to look at each finger to find it, I would say that means it's better!
 She is a shoe Thief! This is always her favorite pair. I thought I better try to get a few pictures while she looked so cute! She wasn't very cooperative.

 Pretty girl.
When I was a child I would sneak the butter out of the fridge and hide under to table to eat it with a spoon. Gross. Well Laylah takes after me, only this time she got the cream cheese out of the fridge. She was not happy I told her to put it back. 
 Lunar eclipse. This was a fun little activity. It was really cool to see the sun looking like the moon!
 Playing at the cousins. Kalel learned how to do the monkey bars by himself and Laylah loved rides with Leah.
 Kyle tried to teach the kids to massage my feet. It worked for a whole 2 minutes? It was fun while it lasted! Oh the messes - all day... everyday! I did give them corn kernels, pans, cups etc. They loved the dumping and pouring and it wasn't too hard to sweep up! Laylah likes to get into the bandaids when she's supposed to be sleeping. I moved her into my room so she wouldn't play with toys - bad move. She just destroyed my bathroom instead. The last picture is of her pushing a bucket up to the counter so she can steal the sprouts that were still sprouting. My kids love them and ask for 'roots' all the time. They eat them like candy.


 Movie night at the farm! The kids all passed out on the floor.
 These are supposed to be beautiful lace balls for my soon to be sister in laws wedding. These were super tricky to get to work. I helped her Mom for one night and we had them hanging in her utility room. I'll post pictures of how they turned out.
 As I poured yet another green smoothie into my cups I thought I should take a picture! We drink these almost daily. Yum Yum.
 Our radishes are growing!

Wow, so close yet so far away. This month we still have Elsha's shower, the airshow, cabin & memorial day! But that will have to be another day. I've already done 3 posts tonight!




No comments: